I opened my eyes, felt the harsh wind on my face, and the moist land I was lying on. I was lost. I didn’t recognize the place I was; full of tall, leafy trees, or the moment I get there. The only thing I was aware of was that I inexplicably failed to remember what exactly happened just before I opened my eyes, realizing I was unconscious. I got up and looked for any sign of civilization. Geez, it was really cold, making me shiver and wondering what the heck happened to me. After walking for a couple of days through the lush, desolate forest, I found a small, wooden cabin surrounded by a stream that apparently crossed the forest. Hoping to find any sort of help there, I ran towards the cabin as fast as I could.
It was kind of gloomy; apparently no one was living there, since everything was disorganized and dirty. Disappointed and hopeless I leaned against an old chair, trying to remember what could possibly happen that made me appear in an isolated place like this. I closed my eyes and concentrated. Suddenly, I had a flashback of a recent event in my life. I remembered I was celebrating something, with my friends and colleagues, they offered me some kind of jelly-like appetizer but I just couldn’t figure out what was it, so I didn’t taste it. They promised me it was the most delicious thing ever made, but I didn’t trust them, as always. I think that’s a problem I’ve been struggling for a long time. I’ve never been a confident man. The way I learned to handle most of the issues that concerned me and, I suppose, of protecting myself was at all times mistrusting the advices and recommendations people gave to me. Being suspicious and distrustful of everything and was a method I’ve been using for a long time. I guess it was easier: without trust my decisions were limited and more practical. Having thought about this way of living I’ve been having, I decided to leave the lonely place I was in. Just as I was about to leave the cabin, I noticed a shiny, yellow parchment hanging of the roof. I took it and read it:
I’ll be waiting at the dock near the solid eyes.
Follow the stream and don’t look back.
What was going on in here? I certainly didn’t know for who the letter was, but if there was a dock somewhere, maybe I could reach it and finally find some kind of help. Funny how things turn out; My whole life I’ve been avoiding decisions and now I not only have to make a choice, but also to trust in a piece of paper written by a stranger. I think in this kind of situations you realize that the only way to survive is to trust. I started following the river, not surely knowing where I was headed. It was still cold, and I was really hungry. Luckily, there were trees with some fruits and mushrooms by the stream. Again, I had to wash away the feeling of poisoned mushrooms and trust in the food I was eating. While tasting the delicious apples I found, I noticed a hill with two small rocks, one facing the other. Finally I got it. Those rocks were the eyes in the parchment! Excited, I ran to the hill, passed the rocks and arrived to a beach. The dock was there, with a wooden raft and a small, mysterious person on it. I approached to him. He was an old, yet imposing character. We both stared at each other. He slowly raised his head, and asked me:
“Well, are you ready to go?"
Now I think that journey was necessary for me, thanks to the reflections I had in it, I realized the reason I was there was to learn how to trust. Trust in him.
I looked at him, smiled and said: "Yes, yes I am."

Two thumbs up!
ResponderEliminar